Copyright Policy for ohmTown (ohmTown.com).
ohmTown respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. This policy outlines our approach to copyright and how we address copyright-related issues.
2. Use of Copyrighted Material
Our platform aggregates news from various sources. We:
- Only aggregate content from sources that provide syndication rights or are in the public domain.
- Provide attribution and links back to the original sources.
- Do not reproduce content in its entirety unless permission is explicitly granted by the copyright holder.
3. Fair Use Policy
We believe in fair use and make sure that:
- The content used is for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.
- The amount of content used is reasonable and not more than necessary for the intended purpose.
4. Copyright Infringement Claims
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with:
- Your contact information.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- The specific location on our website where the alleged infringing material is located. (The URL)
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
5. Response to Copyright Infringement Claims
Upon receiving a proper infringement claim:
- We will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material.
- We will notify the user who posted the material about the infringement claim.
- Repeat offenders will have their access to our platform terminated.
6. Content Submitted by Users
Users of our platform may submit content. By doing so, they guarantee that:
- They own the copyright or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use the content.
- They do not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights of others.
7. Modification of the Policy
We may revise this Copyright Policy from time to time. The revised policy will apply to all content on our website.
8. Contact Information
For any questions or to report a copyright infringement, please contact us at mayor@ohmTown.com and provide as much information as possible.